Saturday, January 5, 2013

Welcome!

Welcome ladies to High Heels & Dumbbells! :) As many of you already know my name is Jessica. Thought I’d give you a brief idea as to why I created this blog and what you can expect from it.

All my life I have been a curvy girl. I used to get called pillow pants when I was younger, and felt like I was the black sheep in my schools. I tried everything to be a size 4 or smaller.  Not realizing then that I looked the way I did because of genetics. I did some pretty extreme things to be skinny, not realizing the harm I was doing to my body.

About 5-6 years ago I went through a really depressed stage and hit my highest weight of 186 pounds. And being the height of 5’5, it wasn’t cute. My weight gain just added to my depression. I had a boyfriend at the time who tried to get me into fitness, but I was always under the impression that if I worked out I was going to loose my boobs and become really muscular and manly looking. Boy was I wrong! Well that’s where my fitness journey began. Slowly I made it down to 160 pounds, and now today I am at 135 pounds and couldn’t be happier with how far I’ve come. And thanks to celebrities such as Beyonce and Jennifer Lopez they made curves an amazing thing! I’ve since fallen in love with my curves and love the way they fill out my clothes.

Now that brings me to why I created this blog. Since starting my weight lose journey, I’ve learned a lot! Now I want to pass on what I’ve learned and help other girls. I have several friends that I am constantly texting or emailing and offering them advice for work out ideas, healthy recipes, and trying to keep them motivated. And honestly, it’s the greatest feeling ever seeing my friend’s faces as they start seeing results. Especially the day when they try on their skinny pants (we all have a pair hidden in our closet!) and they realize how far they have come. All girls deserve to be happy in their own skin. So with that being said, I’d love to pass on my knowledge and help out more ladies on their weight lose or fitness journey.

On this blog you can expect to see exercise ideas and the ways to properly do them, motivational tips, and healthy recipes. A lot of my recipes don’t include a million ingredients either!

By the way I am in no way a professional or some crazy fit girl. I am still working towards my goal, and still have my diet fails from time to time. I am not perfect, and will never claim to be.

With all that being said, if any of you have questions or ideas, please feel free to contact me. I am always more than willing to help out where I can!

Stay fit and fabulous! :)

xoxo
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment